Some of us mothers have committed to fast every Friday till our babies are home. We would love for you to join us! And if you are willing please let me know!
Ethiopia's Plan to Cut Adoptions: A Prayerful Response by Tom DavisOver the weekend I confirmed with some contacts in the adoption community that the processing of adoptions is slowing down in Ethiopia. Partners of Children's HopeChest have been unable to process adoptions since mid-November.
From what my sources are saying, there is some activity between the Ethiopian courts and the Ethiopian government about the future of their inter-country adoption program. I am not sure it is completely over and done with just yet. And that is why we must pray through this until there is more news.
Again, there's nothing official posted on the U.S. State Department Web site or any other official indication from Ethiopia. But this is all pointing toward a drastic reduction in the number of Ethiopian children being placed with U.S. families.
I want to start a continuous prayer movement on behalf of the children of Ethiopia. Please pray for the following:
1. For God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.God is in control. For those of you who are facing being stuck, remember that God is in control.
2. For God to breakdown strongholds of the enemy.Every child deserves the right to grow up in a health family, and adoptive families provide that for thousands of children each year. Pray that God would demolish the strongholds that are set up against adoption.
3. For God to fulfill His promises.God defines Himself as the Father to the Fatherless. He declares He will set the lonely in families. He warns those who would interfere with His plan to bring justice and mercy that is due to them. Find the orphan scriptures, pray them to God, and ask Him to fulfill those promises to the children of Ethiopia now.
4. For the courts and judges and government officials making this decision.
Ask the Holy Spirit to permeate the courtroom and convict the hearts of the judges and other government officials. Bring the power of the Holy Spirit into these discussions and proceedings--not that we would get our way--but that God's perfect will would be fulfilled in these decisions.
5. For the children and familiesThat God would shorten their wait times. Fortunately, God is bigger than these obstacles. Pray that waiting children would receive comfort. And pray that waiting families would experience peace, grace, and love from those around them.
While things are uncertain, our best response today is prayer. I will post more news as it comes available to me. Please pass this on to all your friends and contacts who care and are concerned about orphans and adoption.